Human hair transplant and non- surgical hair replacement are the most popular ways to restore hair. After having tried medications and prp or laser treatments, these are the two best solutions for those suffering from hair loss. However, hair replacement for men might be more suitable for certain individuals, while men’s hair transplant might be the ideal solution for some.
Due to lack of knowledge and listening to people’s suggestions, it can get very confusing for any person to choose the right solution for themselves. In this article we have explained the two methods in detail, along with the pros and cons, to make it easier for you to decide which is a more suitable option for you.
What is a hair transplant?
Put simply, a men’s hair transplant is a surgical procedure wherein hair follicles are removed from the back side of the scalp, where the hair density is high, also known as the donor area, and grafted to the thinning or balding area on the scalp. The procedure is done under local anesthesia to minimize the pain during surgery.
Mentioned below are the pros and cons of a human hair transplant procedure.
Advantages of hair transplant
- A 100 percent natural look as your own hair from the back is grafted to the front or top area, creating a natural hairline.
- It is a one- time investment.
Disadvantages of hair transplant
- It’s an expensive procedure as compared to a hair wig transplant. The cost can go up to several lakhs of rupees.
- The surgery can be painful.
- If you have a sensitive scalp, there are chances of developing an infection.
- It is suitable to cover only a small area of baldness as compared to natural hairline wigs that can be used to cover a larger area of hair loss.
- The hair density has to be compromised upon.
- Transplant can lead to scarring on the head.
- Hair transplant can only be done if one has a healthy donor area.
What is non- surgical hair replacement?
A hair replacement system, is a patch that has human or synthetic hair woven onto it. This hair patch is then attached to the scalp with the help of medical grade adhesives such as glue or tape or clips.
Different types of hair replacement systems, such as full lace, give the look of a perfectly natural hairline. Others with a thicker base material, provide more durability and don’t look as natural. The choice then depends on the individual whether he wants more durability or more natural looking.
Advantages of hair replacement
- Hair replacement for men is perfectly safe and there are no risks of developing a scalp infection.
- With hair systems, you can experiment with different hairstyles, varied lengths and textures.
- Non- surgical hair replacement is an absolutely painless procedure.
- You can achieve the density you desire which is not possible to achieve in a hair transplant.
- The new types of hair replacement systems are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Hair replacement systems show immediate results, unlike a hair transplant, where you need to wait 6 to 7 months to get any visible results.
- Hair replacement for men works for everyone, no matter what type of hair loss you have, results are guaranteed.
- Custom- made human hair systems look extremely natural and close to one’s own hair.
- Natural hairline wigs can also be used for hair loss due to cancer treatments or alopecia.
- Non- surgical hair replacement can be done even if one does not have a healthy donor area.
Disadvantages of hair replacement
- Hair replacement systems require regular maintenance, every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Hair replacement is not a one- time investment. Hair systems last for a limited time, so once the unit wears off, it needs to be replaced.
With just a few disadvantages, hair replacement service brings along with it plenty of benefits. It is ideal not only for those suffering from alopecia but also for those who have hair loss and want a natural look without the pains of a surgery.
For further information about human hair transplant or hair replacement for men feel free to call or WhatsApp us on +91 9222666111.